"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We need more time


Hudson ended up going in for his bronchoscopy around 1:45 this afternoon and they were in and out pretty quick. He came back out of the OR still intubated. The scope showed that his right main stem bronchus (the branch from windpipe/trachea to right lung) still needs a lot more healing. Curently, the plan is to keep him intubated for possibly another 1-2 months. He needs time to grow tissue and make this airway nice and stiff so it won't collapse. They are adding another bronchodilator to his breathing treatment regimen as well as do a flexible bronchoscopy twice a week her in his ICU room to clean out the secretions he continues to build up on that right side. They will just try to keep him as comfortable as possible with drugs..uugghh...until he can safely be extubated. I know he is going to pull through, his little body just needs more time!!! He is soo tough...he has been through a lot. One day mommy will have him in her arms....only time will tell when that day will be....

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like it was a stressful day. I'm sorry it didn't work out the way we were all hoping for, but as you've said he's one tough cookie. I'm keeping all three of you in my prayers, and I hope to see you when I come down for Memorial Day. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to all of you...sorry Hudson isn't ready yet, poor little guy, he's hanging tough, been through so much. I will continue to pray for Hudson and all of you. I've only met you a couple of times Julie, a classmate & longtime friend of your mom, thank you so much for sharing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you, Hudson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We continue to keep ya'll in our prayers! We know that God is watching over Hudson and guiding the doctors to give him the best care possible. He has been so strong and will continue to get stronger and it will make that moment you can hold him even more precious!! I also pray that God continues to give you and Todd strength through this. You are an AMAZING mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are thinking of you and Hudson Julie. I'll keep praying for you.
    Kristen Fagelman

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is just so adorable. I see those little hands are already fast at work wondering what that is stuck to his chest! Just precious! Hang in there...!!!

    ReplyDelete