"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 8

Last night was a good night. Hudson had sweet dreams all night. He was taken off the pacemaker around 6 pm last night and his heart has been in sinus rythym and working on its own since...yeah!! Blood pressure/oxygen saturation as well as heart rate all remaining stable so far! And all of his lab values are remaining within normal limits and his urine output as well as blood loss is all within normal range as well so things are looking good! Surgical team came by this morning and have increased his lasix to bring down his fluid retention/swelling in order to prepare to close his chest. They are planning on trying to close at earliest tomorrow, but most likely not until Saturday 5/8/10. He will remain paralyzed until his chest cavity is closed and they plan to keep him intubated for 7 more days. They feel that the tubing is acting as a stent holding his trahcea open so that there is less tension on the suture lines where they did the slide tracheoplasty and corrected his narrow trachea. More good news to come!!!! My little fighter!

5 comments:

  1. Precious Reeves Family,
    I am a long time friend of Todd and his family. I love that you named your son Hudson, as we did the same back in December when my son was born. I'm so glad that you have a blog up on your Hudson, so I can follow what is going on. Please know that I have contacted my church, St. Barnabas UMC (Todd's family used to be members there) and have put Baby Hudson on our prayer chain. We are all praying for a quick recovery and hoping that you get to take that little guy home soon. Please let me know if you need anything at all!
    Love,
    Ashley Reed Hand

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful news! I'm so glad he is doing so well. I think about you all the time. Sending LOVE to you from California. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear everything is looking good! I know it must be really hard on you not being able to hold your sweet little guy. Hang in there...prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Julie! I'm a good friend of Angela's and have been hearing/following how Hudson is doing. I'm thrilled to bits that he's coming through all these procedures well! I am keeping you, Hudson and your family in my thoughts - looking forward to reading more good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julie! All of us girls and our families have been praying for you guys! Baby Hudson is one strong boy!!! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete