"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Friday, May 21, 2010

I am soooo tough!

Hudson has had a rough couple of days. The past couple of days Hudson has been having trouble with his oxygen saturation. Yesterday he had a bedside bronchoscopy with minimal improvement and last night he had some pretty low oxygen levels...so they did labs and cultured some sputum and diagnosed a bacterial pneumonia. He has been started on 2 powerful IV antibiotics to try and knock out the infection. Today, he had a rigid bronchoscopy in the OR with the ENT surgeon and they had a lot of trouble visualizing much because he was dropping his oxygen levels too low. They were concerned for his heart and stopped the procedure. They were able to clean out some pus plugs and have ordered steroids and some other meds for the tracheal swelling...they are also putting drops down the ventilator tube to prevent infection within the tube. He is currently heavily sedated and paralyzed so that he can remain comfortable through the night. The plan is for Dr. Forbess (the chief) to do another bedside bronchoscopy in the morning to try and clean out deeper within the airway..Right now we are all just taking things one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Hudson is heavy on my heart...I have all my friends & family praying, plus me as well. No words can describe what you as parents are going through, not to mention precious Hudson. God Bless his little heart & body...take care...thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy! I'm so sorry to hear about his infection. I can't imagine how hard this is for you and Todd, especially not being able to hold your baby. But, he knows you're there for him and he is a little fighter. God is watching over all of you and will get you through it. Thanks for updating as I am checking this everyday. Your precious family in in my prayers constantly.
    Ashley Hand

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong baby Hudson- we are praying for you! When you get out we will let you boys compare your battle scars! The Binfords are so proud of you and your fight, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete