"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Friday, June 4, 2010

Making Progress



Hudson is growing so much!! Almost 10 lbs!! This has been such a wonderful week for him. Daddy is so proud to say that Hudson smiled at him 3 times!! It was so cute! He had a cardiac MRI tuesday to evaluate his pulmonary arteries and it showed that he has near normal blood flow through both his right and left PA so it will not be neccessary to precede with the cardiac catherization! YEAH!! He also had a PICC line put in yesterday and needed little sedation for this. This morning they pulled his 2 intracardiac central lines and there was very minimal bleeding so no transfusion was needed...even better! Now they are just continuing to wean his methadone and valium levels (it is a gradual titration down that they have been weaning for the past 2 weeks)...and he is scheduled to go back to the OR Tuesday for another rigid bronchoscopy to evaluate his airway and possible extubation!!!! He has one more setting to wean down to on the ventilator to be able to be extubated and they are going to drop the ventilator down today. Later today mommy will be able to put his first outfit on and wrap her arms around him...she can't wait!! And....there was another delivery last night Ernie the elephant.....a special gift from his loving Daddy!! More good news to come!

11 comments:

  1. Tears of joy! So very happy to hear Hudson is having a great week. So glad to hear you will be able to wrap him in your arms and love on him today! Praying for the day sweet Hudson can go home! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrations in Houston! I am so happy that this week has been successful and I will continue to pray that the bronchoscopy will go well and extubation is near :) Love the animal kindgdom and hugs and kisses from the Swiss Miss! I'll be thinking of you this afternoon while you get to hold him for the first time, how precious!!! Love you Jules ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... this is just AWESOME news! We are so happy to hear about Hudson's continued progress. Hold him for as long as you can!!!!

    You both look just wonderful! He's a little chunker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news!!! I can't even began to imagine how excited you are to wrap your arms around Hudson and tell just how much you LOVE him. He has alot of followers that are watching out for all of you. Keep the GREAT news coming. ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear all the good news! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting for you to be able to hold your baby for the first time. I'm sure you'll just melt! He's a tough little guy who will love to be in his mommy's arms. Enjoy! Post some pics if you get a chance of the big moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you & Todd for this wonderful week and the wonderful evening you will have holding Hudson in your arms! I love his animal kingdom! Hudson is going to have an amazing playroom! Love all 3 of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news...happy for all of you. Love the new addition...Ernie. Hudson is adorable...prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, so much great news!! I'm glad to hear Hudson is doing so well, and I can't believe how big he is. I hope everything continues as well as it has been recently, and I can't wait to see you all again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have chills just reading this! Yay for Hudson and for Mommy and Daddy being able to squeeze him and love him even more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jules! This is AWESOME!! I bug Angela almost everyday for the inside scoop! You guys deserve lots of good news, and I am sure there is lots more on the way! I pray for you guys every day.

    ReplyDelete